Sunday, April 26, 2009

Your Killing Me Son:





Okay so seriously grown men in the District need to take chances when they go out. Stop wearing stripe button downs, jeans rolled up at the ends with fake TOD's on or some kind of Diesel sneaker from 2000. I went to this club tonite called Tuscana's and the women were dressed really nice, my only problem with them was if your going to wear heels, wear the heels. If you have to take them off at the end of the night, and walk around on the NASTY ASS ground, because your feet hurt then don't bother a flat won't hurt you. But tonite yall these grown men had on either the button down that Jay-Z told them to wear in 2003, or Affliction shirts. That is all I saw tonite... (sad face)... I call those SAFE OUTFITS. You know what I mean, just in case there's a dress code I should be okay cause I looks casual. Many of these dudes came in looking like they just left there government office job and came straight to the club....SAD.. D.C. is known however to be very siditty with it's night life, which I feel can kill the thriving city of Chocolate and Obama. Going out is about showing off your outfits and basically making a silent performance. But me and my girl Melanie just had a good time and gave it to these BAMA ASS niggas. I even saw some fool in there with White on White Nike Air Force One's? And I was like, "you would have been the shit in 1995". But that's not the half, I also saw yet another fool in there with the fake Prada's on, you know the one's made by Fila which were endorsed by Hurricane Chris...yes those. And why are so many black dudes still rocking those old ass Prada's that JaRule wore ALL THE FUCKING TIME in 2000? Are they really still that appealing? Am I the one who is behind, and doesn't know what is going on today? Help me the fuck out cause I'm confused.

1 comment:

jeanette said...

My friend and I were talking about how Black people, in an attempt to assimilate, are afraid to take risks. The entire world looks to American decendants of slaves for all things cool. When we stop tastemaking what will happen?