Saturday, April 25, 2009

No More Styling Mom....Please:

So I decided to go home and take care of some much needed business, the time starts now for me to get ready for my move. My mother being the wonderful lady that she is, bought me some clothes because she said that "I look dirty"....I know right....It's good to have people in your corner that have no problem telling you the truth. So she randomly leaves the house and comes back with a really big Marshall's bag with a hoody, some shirts, and some socks. I am so appreciative of the simple fact that my mother looks out for me, she was so happy that she only spent $30.00 for everything.....However Marshall's....yeah...You should see the shirt that she got me that she only paid two dollars for, when I try it on I understand why the shirt was so cheap, honestly I'm not expecting anything great from Marshall's. But the collar around the neck is so stretched out that I find myself constantly adjusting it to be in the middle. My mother is always buying clothing for me that is dirt cheap,she has always been this way and I do appreciate it, because even though I wouldn't by it myself I do wear it out of respect for her...on my off days of course. I can't blame my mom for not really understanding my style, but she comes from that time when paying $20 for a t-shirt makes her uncomfortable, but in this fashion game that is just the way it is. No I don't expect her to buy me anything by Margiela, Marc, or Westwoood because she will have a stroke looking at those prices. But what I do want accomplish with her is an understanding that everything doesn't have to be cheap, especially with menswear. When you buy something cheap for a man, it looks cheap, women can shop at "Mall Stores" and finds lots of good cheap shit (lucky fuckers) because women make up the economy. But Marshall's ain't kicking it for the dudes...well the ones that know their shit anyway.

No comments: