Saturday, April 25, 2009

NO SIR:


Okay here's the deal everyone should know by now that I LOVE fashion, it's not a secret anymore. Yes there will be times when I will splurge large amounts of money on something that I like, and then pay for it by not eating right for the next two weeks...but hey I'll look fly while I'm starving so fuck it. But when I do buy something that is expensive..trust you will know that it is expensive. Not some regular shit, like for instance this Margiela shirt. I went to Georgetown on a good day this past Friday, and me and my mom decided to go into then Barney's Co-op store just to browse. I go down stairs to the department for men, and I see the area for Maison Martin Margiela wear. So I dally on over just to see what I could find....I see this shit that cost $245.00? Are you kidding me? I pay top dollar for things that I can't make,not something were I can easily go to my girl Jasmine a.k.a. Eklektik and say "here are pieces of fabric now make me a shirt". He had a lot of basic shit in there for extreme prices,I mean I was totally taken back on the fact that none of his crazy shit was displayed...but whatever..People will try to get over on you in a heartbeat in order to make a couple of hundred dollars. The unfortunate part is that someone who's got "SWAG" will buy this shit, and walk around looking like the Best Dressed idiot in the world. People... look.. labels are just that labels, and I know many of us had parents that advised us when we go shopping to not buy a name, this is where the fashion know hows and the fashion victims differ. If I'm paying top dollar believe me that shit won't be basic or easy to make. He also had white t's..YES...White t's yall that cost over $100...you gots to be kidding me...right? I don't care what kind of fabric he used, it's still a white t and you should be ashamed of yourself Barney's C0-op for carrying such disgrace.

No comments: