Thursday, May 14, 2009

August 25, 2001


I will never forget this date, ever, the day being of course when Aaliyah passed away. I was with my family at the time in the dorms of AIPH at 3 in the morning while we were watching the video to the Gorillaz song Feel Good....and it flashed across the screen..AALIYAH HAS DIED IN AN APPARENT PLANE CRASH.....In front of me I had a Mixmag magazine of her on the cover, I grabbed it and hugged it and smiled a little bit in disbelief. What's so weird about her death is that it made me want to change the person that I was. I wanted to be able to leave a positive image that was open, honest,and real. I wanted to forgive those that I hated and do good on the earth..I thought of my mother, and how much she meant to me. I wanted to do right in my life and be aware of the things that I'm not doing right..I believe that God was talking to us through her death, and Sept 11th,and Left-Eye...Death comes in 3's and I truly feel like God was saying something to us that we were or are missing.

No comments: