Sunday, June 14, 2009

Go Back To Africa.



So I know a few people from the MotherLand and yesterday I was asking a friend of mine, who happens to be from Botswana. If she was going to Odunde Festival which is an event that celebrates African culture in Philadelphia and she laughed at me. She starts off by saying "I'm from Africa sweetie, that's for you Amerikans to know about". This started my mind to ponder very hard, are the people that are black, that live in Amerika that want to basically go back to Africa are they playing themselves? You have a lot of black Amerikans that feel lost and angered on how they got here in the first place, which is understandable. But do you think that AFRICANS are looking at you in your journey to find yourself, and respecting you? I think that they are laughing at you and probably want you to be yourself.

Photo: Melanie J. Photography

No comments: