Friday, August 6, 2010

They Still Live.






So I know you guys are like is this a movie blog now? No, it's still the same way it used to be, were I talk about everything. I just like to post about films that open our minds a little and allow us to learn. So last month or so, I decided to rent a movie called They Live. Since I was little I've seen bits and pieces of this film, but never in it's entirety. As a 27 year old male that lives in one of the biggest rotten places on earth when it comes to consumerism and class. This film was dead on target for how and where I am living now. It deals with a man who finds these glasses that show him what really is going on in the world around him. For instances when he puts on these shades, instead of seeing an and that for example says MENTOS THE FRESH MAKER, he sees, BUY ME NOW, SPEND YOUR MONEY ON NOTHING.

I was so surprised at how relevant this film is today and it was made in the early 80's. Everywhere you walk around in NYC, you see ad's for something. You also probably encounter people that are rich or wealthy that seem to never have a issues. Although they do have issues, they have issues on another level. The problems that they can relate to you with can be easily fixed with money. But trust me these people have issues as well. What I loved about the film though, was that they portrayed rich and wealthy people as aliens. Who all knew each other and are apart of some weird recruitment to destroy the world and anyone that steps in their way.

I speak for myself when, I have to remind myself constantly that. I am right where I'm supposed to be in life. I wasn't supposed to have money at a young age or wealthy parents, or come from exuberant amounts of family money. Because sometimes when I see or hear about people who live in the Financial District, or live in Soho, or Tribeca and they aren't even 21 years old yet, and their parents are paying for it. Yea I get a little bit frustrated, but everything is how it is supposed to be. I'm getting a lil help yes, but nothing to the extent of those that I read about, or know through other people.

No comments: