Thursday, July 30, 2009

Really?

So I work at Barnes and Nobel in the pricing section. So of course I come across all types of books and magazine, gifts etc. I came across a book entitled: Dangerous Intimacy 10 African American Men with HIV.....

We are not helping the whole aura of "The Scary Black Man" by putting out this kind of information. How about 10 Men with HIV, rather than putting black men on blast like this. Or how about "10 Women That Have Unprotect Sex With Men That They Don't Know". I understand awareness and all, but damn.

If I were an alien that landed on this earth. Learned everything I need to know through media, and books. I would think that all black people are infected with HIV and AIDS.

I know that I have talked about this before, however I came across this book yesterday. So since ignorance likes to come back I've got to put it on blast.

Until you get tested Everyone in my opinion has something that I don't want.

No comments: