Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life.




This is my little cousin Chelal Gross-Matos. When he was 2 years old, he fell overboard into the water from a boat. His father Michael Gross (my older cousin) jumped in to save his son. Once in the water, he was able to pull him up to safety. However the undercurrent of the water, pulled Michael down and drowned him.

Ten years later Chelal and a friend were coming off a baseball field, when suddenly Chelal was struck by lightning. The effect was so strong that it went through him into the other boy. Sadly Chelal died, the other boy is still in critical condition today.

Chelal's death makes me think so hard, how this is so ironic, and if the movie Final Destination has some truth to it, look at DJ AM.

Could it have been Michael? He wanted his son to come back to him? Was it God? Was Chelal a bad kid that deserved such a young death? This is tooo eerie and ironic and surreal at the same time for me. I can't help but think and wonder what Chelal's mom is going through and where this leaves the family.

It reminds me that you better wake up and pay attention to life. R.I.P Chelal

2009 has been a deathly year.

No comments: